One afternoon as I was leaving work a parent said "Hey, thanks for all you do. Really. You guys are changing a lot of people's lives."
At one parent-teacher conference a mother asked "Who is Sara?!" Apparently she hears my name a lot at home :) She's the mother of the little guy who one day put his hand on my arm and said "Sawa, I love you."
These things warm my heart and assure me that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. There may be days that I get kicked, spit at, yelled at or scratched but one sneaky kiss or one "Sawa" makes it all worth it. I love that God has given me not only a passion but also the ability and opportunity to connect with these kiddos. It's rewarding enough to see for yourself the progress they make over time, but to have a parent thank you and all of your co-workers is over the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment